Monday, February 16, 2009

capturing memorable moments

This  picture I think is a very good example of "alone in the booth you forgo the behaviors and attitudes expected when a camera is forced upon you" this is a quote in Babbette Hines article Picture Perfect. She describes how she is fascinated by the self photography aspect of taking pictures in a photo-booth. She likes how truth or fiction can easily commingle,how these little photographs have no barriers you can take them alone or with friends or lovers.She also says she likes to imagine stories behind the little pictures that are not her own.
I like how she can relate to that picture and picture herself in their spot.Thats why I picked this picture that was taken some time in the 1960s in a photo-booth.  I found this picture in one of my moms old albums all I know of these pictures is that they were my moms relatives.I can easily picture this lady taken her son to watch a movie, tickets probably cost $2. Or maybe she wanted to capture the happiness of that moment.I find this art of self photography fun I especially like the older fashioned ones that have a curtain in the back, most of the modern ones are not the same and they dont print out the authentic ,old school photo-booth pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment