Monday, March 2, 2009

Challenging images


photo by :Ana Chavez
Omayra Sanchez by Isabelle Allende
In this article Isabelle expresses how the photo of the little girl impacted her emotions,opinions and her life.She states  "the wonder of photography is that it does what no words can" Her thoughts and feelings about the picture and the mood and things that it reminds her of in her life.I also believe that pictures are worth a thousand words so that's why I picked this article because I believe that pictures create a mood and can impact your life.
That's why I picked this picture that i took in Newport,CA. I was trying to capture emotion.Just like the person captures emotion in Omayra's face.Even though my picture isn't as emotional filled as the one of the little girl I think it serves its purpose.I think in my picture of this girl( who I did not stage) I captured multiple emotions. 
A sense of solitude,reman-icing,happiness,mystery  or maybe sadness , it just depends who looks at it.I really liked it also because I didn't know the person but I could almost picture people feeling the ocean breeze and smelling the beach she is looking towards when they see this picture.Or relating to whatever stage they think she is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment