Monday, March 16, 2009

reading icons


Photo by Ana Chavez

Wonder by Richard B.Woodward
In this article Woodward's main idea is to describe the uniform wonder woman wears and how it came to be.He also describes who she is, what she wears and what she stands for and how its is iconic."if academia has recently focused on contemporary women such as Madonna and Martha Stewart,then surely Wonder Woman deserves attention."I also like how he says "give them an alluring women stronger than themselves to submit to and they'll be proud to become her willing slaves"I think a lot of modern men look for a real life model of wonder women.I think a good song that expresses what I'm trying to say is Miss independent remix by Ne-yo



She Got Her Own (Miss Independent Remix) feat. Jamie Foxx and Fabolous - Ne-Yo
This article also clearly stated how not only women love a man  in uniform, but men also love a strong women in uniform that's why I picked this picture that I took last Halloween of girls that were wearing costumes of real life uniforms.I believe a lot of young women dress like a uniformed girl for Halloween because they look up to these real life heroines and classify them as sexy and powerful. The pregnant girl also represents to me a strong women outside the uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment